WHY REGISTER WITH THE AKC?
Note: Plotts are an approved AKC breed and as such, are not eligible for FSS registration as are other coonhound breeds that have yet to be approved. The Plott stud book has been re-opened. The stud book will remain open until August 31, 2009. Photo's are NOT required with your application.
- Registration with AKC will open the door for your hound to earn an AKC Nite Champion, AKC Grand Nite Champion or AKC Supreme Grand Nite Champion title based on cast wins is in the works and will be announced soon.
- Register with AKC and you receive the exclusive Coonhound Direct card and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Whenever you need to talk to your coonhound registry, simply call the toll free 800 number and enter your PIN. You will be directed to a coonhound professional that will be happy to help you! Coon hunters are important at the AKC! All you need to do is register one dog with AKC to receive the Coonhound Direct card and PIN.
- Parent breed clubs are being formed in order to move all the coonhound breeds quickly out of Foundation Stock Service registration and into full recognition in AKC. If you are happy hunting in nite hunts, showing in bench shows, or participating in water races or field trials, then FSS registration is all youll ever need. But, for those of you that enjoy showing coonhounds in the conformation ring, this is just what youve been waiting for. The more coonhounds we register this year, the sooner this will become a reality. And, once again, FSS registration is absolutely free! Well be posting the parent club information soon in our special AKC sections in American Cooner and Full Cry magazines. Watch for us there each month!
- All clubs that are currently conducting UKC or PKC events will be eligible to hold AKC events after completing the application process. Your club may hold a nite hunt, bench show, field trial, and water race for one fee of $25. Thats a little more than $6.00 per event if you hold all four types of events on a single day!
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR COONHOUND WITH AKC
Complete the FSS Coonhound Registration Form or Open Registration form (FOR PLOTTS ONLY), for registration of Litter online form, (PLOTT ONLY) Use This Link .
- Print the form and complete all the information requested on both pages. Indicate the registry (UKC or PKC) with which your coonhound is now registered and include the dogs registration number from that registry. Also include this information for the dogs sire and dam. Be sure to complete the breeder information on page two. If you were not the breeder we must have the date you acquired the dog. We must have the name of the breeder as it appears on your pedigree under Owner of Dam. If you are unsure of the breeder's address leave it blank.
- Attach a photocopy of the UKC or PKC pedigree for the dog you wish to register with FSS. Do not send the original pedigree.
When sending us your photocopy be sure the copy is legible and contains ALL information. If any portion of your pedigree is cut off during photocopying it will DELAY processing of your papers.
- Mail your application and copy of your 3 generation pedigree to:
American Kennel Club
5580 Centerview Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
To request a hard copy registration application, please email the AKC Order Desk. When sending your request we need your name, address, and number of applications you will need.
Refer to these item #s when ordering:
ADFSS2 - FSS Coonhound Registration Application
ADOPEN - Open Registration Application (FOR PLOTTS ONLY)